What is a birthday without a cake? You may think that you must give up cake to protect your teeth. But you can stop worrying about that because the following birthday cake happens to be very tooth-friendly.
Secrets Behind The Birthday Cake
The first two ingredients that deserve attention are in the topping. Both strawberries and honey happen to be very tooth-friendly. Strawberries contain an enzyme called malic acid. This enzyme will help dissolve the bio-film created by cavity-causing pathogens that stick to your teeth, tongue and gums.
Honey contains enzymes that retard the reproduction of oral bacteria. But it does not stop there, as honey is also highly osmotic. That means that the bacteria in your mouth will dehydrate to death when they come in contact with honey. Just make sure you purchase raw honey because processed honey does not contain these benefits.
The third ingredient that will help your overall dental health is chocolate. But you will not use the regular store-bought chocolate. You need raw chocolate because raw chocolate contains traces of the cacao's bark. Studies have shown that the bark of the cacao contains an active ingredient referred to as CBH. CBH is like poison to the bacteria in your mouth. A study showed how both plaque and cavities were reduced in just a matter of a few short weeks.
This does not mean that you can stop seeing your dentist. But it should make his or her job easier. Now it is time for the recipe.
Chocolate Cake With Strawberry Topping
You will need the following to make the topping:
- 1 cup of crown-less strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of honey (more to make the topping thicker)
To make the topping, just mix the ingredients in your blender or food processor until smooth. When done, put the topping in your refrigerator.
To make the cake, you will need the following:
- 1 and 1/2 a cup of walnuts
- 1 and 1/2 a cup of pecans
- 1 and 1/2 a cup of raisins
- 1 cup of dates
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/3 a cup of raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
To make your cake, just follow the steps below:
- Put all the nuts in a food processor until you have a chunky flour-like texture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients slowly.
- You should end up with a dough-like texture.
- Add this dough to a cake plate, and mold the dough to resemble a cake.
- Place the cake in your refrigerator for at least an hour. This should solidify the cake.
- Top your cake, and don't forget the candles.
As you can see, taking care of your child's teeth can be possible, even on his or her birthday. To learn more, contact a company like Accent Dental with any questions or concerns you have.